Saturday, November 6, 2010

Egg Drop Soup

This soup is another great recipe from my friend Jamie.  Super easy and tasty!  I served it with her fried rice and chicken with a maple syrup marinade. (I used the maple salmon marinade, doubled it, and poured it over 5 chicken breasts in the crockpot.  Cooked until tender and sprinkled with sesame seeds.) My family loved everthing and it statisfied our take out carvings.

(I know the picture doesn't do it justice)
2 Tb soy sauce
¾ tsp sesame oil - I prefer to leave this out
4 c chicken broth
frozen mixed vegetables - I use peas, carrots and corn
3 Tb cornstarch
4 Tb water
2 eggs, beaten
2 T vinegar
1/3 tsp pepper

Combine broth, soy sauce, dash of pepper and sesame oil, and bring to a boil. Add vegetables and bring to another boil. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water first then add to the soup and stir until thickened. Gradually pour eggs into soup and stir until eggs float. Add vinegar and pepper and stir over med heat until mixed well.

*On a side note, this is a wonderful make-ahead meal.  I started the chicken in the morning and let it cook on low all day.  I also made the rice and soup ahead and just reheated them when the chicken was ready. No stress dinner.....LOVE them!

No comments:

Post a Comment