Saturday, November 6, 2010

Taco Soup

Now that the fall weather is finally deciding to make an appearance it is time to pull out all the soup recipes that have been hibernating all summer. I love this soup because it is by far the easiest meal I make.  You literally dump, heat and serve.  I do not have a picture of this yummy meal but take my word, it is absolutely scrumptious. I usually make this meatless but it is wonderful either way.  I also double it and freeze half for busy weekday nights.

1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 medium onion
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
15 1/4 oz can corn, undrained
15 1/4 oz can hominy, undrained
15.8 oz can Great Northern beans, undrained
16 oz can pinto beans, undrained
14.5 oz can chicken broth
1 package taco seasoning
1 package dry ranch dressing

Garnishes:  Cheddar cheese, chopped onion, sour cream, tortilla chips

Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot.  Bring to a simmer and cook 30 minutes.  TA-DA! It is that easy!  Around here we serve each bowl of soup with cornbread and honey butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment