Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fried Rice

Had I only known how easy fried rice was to make ....
This is another amazing and easy recipe from my neighbor Jamie's blog, Dinner's Ready.  Next time I will double it though...my kids finished one dish off by themselves.

1 1/4 cups cooked rice (you can cook the rice the night before and leaves it in the fridge over night so that it's not so sticky)
2 eggs
1 Tb chopped onion
½ cup frozen peas (I use pea and carrot mix)
Salt, pepper and garlic salt
2 Tb soy sauce
6 Tb vegetable oil (or desired amount)

Beat egg, then cook in wok or large skillet in 2 Tb oil on high. Cook fast then remove from pan and sauté onion in same pan, using remaining vegetable oil, then add rice. Stir in peas, eggs, 4 Tb vegetable oil, then desired amount of soy sauce, salt, pepper and garlic salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment