Sunday, July 18, 2010

Maple Salmon

The first time I made this was for Father's day and it was a HUGE hit, especially with my kids.  Of course I had been sick for two weeks and my kids had been surviving on dry cereal, mac 'n cheese, and pizza so I wasn't sure if they really loved it or if they were just excited to have real food.  Well my question was answered....they absolutely L-O-V-E! this salmon.  I made it again the other night for Justin and I after I had already feed the kids one of their favorite meals.  As soon as Justin sat down, the kids swarmed him and gobbled up his dinner.  And when they finished his plate they begged for more "pink chicken"!  Gotta love that!

1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce (tamari)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound salmon
In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.  Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. 

Recipe from Allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment