Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Manicotti

Easy, delicious and freezable...does it get any better?

1 Package (8oz) Manicotti
15oz Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbsp Dried Parsley (2 Tbsp fresh)
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper
3 Cups Spaghetti Sauce (28oz jar) - I used a home made red sauce that was amazing, I'll post this later.

Cook pasta according to package. Lay noodles on foil to cool. Heat oven to 350*. In a large bowl, stir together cheeses, parsley, salt and pepper. Spoon into cooled pasta tubes. Spread about half the sauce on the bottom of a 13x9x2 baking dish (I used to 2 8x8 pans when I froze half), arrange filled tubes in single layer over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over pasta (I sprinkled a little extra mozzarella over the top) and cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 15 minutes longer.

If you freeze:
Bake at 350* for about 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment