Monday, July 5, 2010

Tortilla "Cigars"

I snagged this quick and tasty recipe from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld. It was ready, from start to finish, in less than 30 minutes and was jam packed with flavor.  I know that you would never guess that from the picture.  Justin and I ate most of them but the kids liked them too.  The best part...they can be served cold so they would be great for school lunches!

1 C Sauteed or Roasted Chicken or Turkey, cubed (or pureed) - I used shredded rotisserie chicken
1/2 C Cheddar Cheese
1/2 C Yellow Squash Puree - I used squash and zucchini baby food
1/2 C Carrot Puree - Again I used baby food
4oz Cream Cheese
1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
6 Large Whole Wheat Tortillas

Preheat oven to 350*.  In a large bowl, stir together chicken, cheese, squash, carrots, cream cheese, and garlic salt.  Cut tortillas in half and place straight edge facing you.  Spread about 2 Tbsp of the filling along the edge.  Starting at the flat edge, roll the tortilla into a cigar shape.  Place seam side down and bake for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly, then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment