Monday, March 14, 2011

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Okay I am the first to admit that my family and I are not big on cooked vegetables.  This of course makes coming up with new side dishes difficult.  I usually stick with salads or plain ol' sliced tomatoes, avocados, ...you get the idea.  So when I stumbled on this recipe I was sure it was going to bomb.  To my surprise Justin and I both liked them and Ella liked the crunchy outer parts of the Brussels sprout.  That is like a 50% approval rating!


1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 400*.  Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, oil, salt and pepper in a gallon Ziploc bag.  Seal and shake to coat.  Pour onto a baking sheet and place on center oven rack.  Roast for 30-45 minutes, shaking pan every 5-7 minutes.  Brussels sprouts should be darkest brown, almost black when done.  Adjust seasoning with kosher salt if necessary.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment